Recovery from Addiction – Online program
MOBIEG has launched an online ”Recovery from Addiction” course that is easily accessible and affordable to all.
We have been counseling clients with addiction problems for many years and we noticed that we needed to offer more.
Why the need for an online program?
1. Many clients prefers to deal with addiction privately on their own. Reasons for this are numerous:
- Fear of the judgement by employers, co-workers or family members
- Fear or demotion or dismissal
- Fear of parents finding out (especially teens and young adults)
- Fear of not being selected for tertiary education or post graduation degrees (students)
- Their addiction is not severe enough to warrant in patient rehabilitation.
2. Many clients also do not have medical aids or health insurance that would cover addiction treatment in a private rehabilitation centre.
- Government resources in South Africa are inadequate and overrun by the sheer number of people that need rehabilitation.
- The cost of rehabilitation in a private clinic puts it out of reach of most South African citizens.
3. Many clients live in rural areas where they have limited or no access to mental health services.
- 46 million people in South Africa are dependent on the government for medical and mental health assistance.
- There are unfortunately only 1.2 psychiatrists and 2.6 psychologists for every 100 000 people in the public sector.
- In South Africa only 12% and 19% of nurses work in rural areas.
- Provinces spend on average 2.9% of their budgets on mental health, while neuro-psychiatric disorders, which includes addictions, now rank third in their contribution to the burden of disease in South Africa.
- We have about 9 million people in South Africa who struggles with an addiction of some sort. On average only 20 000 enter a rehabilitation program or clinic every year.
- Privacy: You can choose to go through a rehabilitation program on your own with our online program.
- Affordability: The program is affordable and costs R 500. You can work it through in your own time (3 months recommended) versus the cost of a rehabilitation clinic which usually starts at R 20 000 per month.
- Free online counseling: You are encouraged to make use of our free online helpline as often as possible, if you have issues you would like to talk through with a counselor and when you feel stuck.
- Immediately & easily accessible: You can start right away and don’t have to wait for admission space to open up like in many government institutions.
- Online support group: If there is no addiction support groups where you live, you can join our online support group on Wednesday evening from 19h30-20h30.
Don’t postpone / delay / procrastinate further – Start today.
Only you can change your life.