Talk 2: Addiction – Life in the shadows
Forget everything you thought you knew about drugs. Nothing can prepare you for the havoc caused by Charlie and crystal, hot ice, china white and liquid ecstasy. Did you know that 60% of drug users in the Cape Peninsula are younger than 20 years old. Why are young people so easily persuaded to start suing?
It doesn’t matter which drug you try, even if it’s only once – you have to know you’re playing with fire. The stuff you’re smoking, sniffing or shooting up is going to hit your brain with the force of a lightning bolt. And even after you’ve stopped, these drugs may have scorched the delicate tissue of your brain and changed you into a monster, capable of the most horrifying acts of violence. From the height of ecstasy to the depths of hell. As quick as a flash. Then brain damage for the rest of your life.
Nyaope, Crystal meth, cough medicine and even self-harm are forms of addiction that are causing chaos in teens lives, also in families and townships.
Our talk includes the following:
- What exactly the drugs contain, their effects and what happens when you stop using.
- We talk about why it seems an easy choice for teens to start using
- How you get roped in by dealers
- What the effect is on your brain.
- We differentiate between behavioral and substance addiction.
- We explain why self-harm becomes addictive and give alternative options as coping strategies.
- A live demonstration of the solutions MOBIEG offers will also be done. It includes a free on-line counseling service for young people.
For more information and to book talks: