The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between. Mother Teresa
Every lamp pole in South Africa has stickers on it screaming:
Abortion. Safe. Pain-free. But is it so easy, safe, and pain-free?
Truth is – there is no such thing as a pain-free abortion. You will experience pain at some stage.
The purpose of the article is to inspire women to take the greatest care to prevent pregnancy rather than terminate it. If you are sexually active, and you are not ready for a pregnancy, you should be on contraception – period. In a perfect world, no woman would ever need to end a pregnancy. But in reality, one in three women will have at least one abortion by the time she is 45.
When does life start?
Scientific Fact: Life starts at conception, not at birth.
Human Life comes into existence in just a fraction of an instant. You have a human egg and human sperm and their sole purpose in life is to meet each other and fuse, to create a one-cell human being.
Within this single cell, there is an elaborate and complete plan for development.
In that fraction of a second when the chromosomes form pairs, the sex of the new child will be determined, hereditary characteristics received from each parent will be set, and a new life will have begun.
How many abortions are done in South Africa?
- Half of all pregnancies in South Africa end in abortion. (Statistics for legal abortions: + 80 000 per year)
- Of these 25 % are second-trimester abortions (13-26 weeks).
What you need to know:
- Abortion is a big deal and should never be viewed lightly. It should not be used as a contraceptive method. Abortion is not the way to plan your family. Contraception is a good way to plan.
- It is not to say, just because it is legal to get an abortion in South Africa before 12 weeks of pregnancy, you will get one on request. Medical professionals prefer to save lives, not to take lives. It might happen that the medical professionals you approach for abortion, are reluctant to help you. They may choose not to perform abortions, although it is legal for them to do so.
- Not falling pregnant remains your responsibility – not that of the government, although they legalized abortion up to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- There are too few health professionals trained to do second-trimester abortions in South Africa. Many government hospitals do not offer the service anymore because of that reason.
The ugly truth about abortion
The abortion lobby masks the procedure in euphemisms. Terminating the pregnancy, tissue mass, and the product of conception. The majority of the public has no clue about what abortion really does to a child in the womb; how developed the child actually is during an abortion; and the risks of abortion to the mother’s health and safety.
The following information and videos were supplied by Dr. Anthony Levantino, a former abortionist who turned against killing unborn children.
What happens during a 1st-trimester abortion?
Abortion pills are used up to nine weeks into the pregnancy. It has a high failure rate statistically, so some women will have to come back for an aspiration (suction) abortion.
Sucking the baby out of the womb through a tube is the most frequently performed abortion. A suction catheter is inserted into the womb to extract the fetus. At this point in the pregnancy, when most aspiration abortions are done, the preborn baby has a heartbeat, fingers, legs, toes, and bones that are still weak and fragile.
The suction catheter is then turned on, tearing the baby apart as it is sucked through the catheter into a tube.
What happens during a 2nd Trimester abortion?
Dilation and Evacuation
During the second trimester, a Sopher clamp and speculum are used to dismember the unwanted baby from the womb. Limb by limb, the baby is torn apart by the Sopher clamp and eventually, the skull is crushed into pieces that can then be pulled out through the cervix.
What happens during a 3rd Trimester Abortion?
Injection And Stillbirth
The third-trimester abortion kills an infant that is almost fully developed and viable. Usually, a lethal dose of digoxin is injected into the baby, causing cardiac arrest. Then, birth is medically induced to cause the baby to be delivered stillborn.
An Abortion Story
The article tells the story of a 14-year-old that fell pregnant and asked a friend about abortion.
“I was scared. I asked them if it’d hurt and they’d say, ‘Just relax.’ I remember they have a lot of people waiting. They don’t have a lot of time so it’s kinda like, you got to get this over with and get you out.”
”I was just 14, and abortion was my choice. In the beginning, my relationship with my new boyfriend seemed like a dream.”
If we do not protect the weakest and most helpless among us, we have failed as a civilized society.